(i) improve our services and their operation, as well as to optimize the user experience;
(ii) prepare statistical information; and
(iii) personalize the content we offer and show you personalized advertising based on an analysis of your browsing habits.
The purpose of this Policy is to help you understand the use that WITRAC makes of cookies, the purpose of the cookies used, as well as the options available to manage them.
What are cookies?
What types of cookies exist?
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies : These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the group and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies : These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed or not by the group, being a third party the one that treats the data obtained through the cookies.
According to the period of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies : These are cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page or application. They are used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies : These are cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal that can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the group, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed:
- Technical cookies (necessary) : These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it. li>
- Personalization cookies (preferences) : These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics, based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal (for example, the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.).
- Analysis cookies (statistics) : These are those that allow the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites , application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of data of use made by users of the service.
- Advertising cookies (marketing) : These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, have been included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies (marketing) : These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, have been included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
What cookies does the WITRAC website use?
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified, as well as their type and function:
The WITRAC website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages and the plugin Polylang that allows us to create this website multilingual letting you enjoy your visit regardless of your language. In your browser you can see cookies from this service. According to the previous typology, these are own, session and analysis cookies.
Through web analytics, information is obtained regarding the number of users who access the web, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator that provides the service, the language , the terminal you use and the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal.
To ensure anonymity, Google will make your information anonymous by truncating the IP address before storing it, so that Google Analytics is not used to locate or collect personally identifiable information from site visitors. Google may only send the information collected by Google Analytics to third parties when it is legally obliged to do so. In accordance with the conditions of provision of the Google Analytics service, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data stored by Google.